Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Now Playing: Destiny 2's Solstice of Heroes Event Live Gameplay
Destiny 2 players might be disappointed that the release of its Shadowkeep expansion has been delayed. But that doesn't mean the upcoming content schedule for the game is otherwise changed. With the DLC and the accompanying New Light free-to-play version of the game now launching later than expected, Bungie has announced its updated plans for August and September and revealed some of the changes on the way in a new update--including a few that seem to directly address fan feedback around grinding.
Along with a few new Shadowkeep screenshots, Bungie's latest blog post outlines what the next two months or so will look like for Destiny 2 now that Shadowkeep won't arrive until October 1. Moments of Triumph have been extended and will run until September 17. The just-launched Solstice of Heroes, however, will still end as previously scheduled on August 27. On the bright side, we're getting two more Iron Banner events, one starting on August 27 and another on September 17. There will also be some Valor and Infamy boosts between now and Shadowkeep. The updated scheduled follows below.
Destiny 2 Season Of Opulence Updated Schedule
- Solstice of Heroes -- 7/30 - 8/27
- Iron Banner -- 8/27 - 9/3
- Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52 -- 9/3
- Moments of Triumph Week, Infamy Boost -- 9/10 - 9/17
- Iron Banner -- 9/17 - 9/24
- Mayhem, Valor Boost, Infamy Boost -- 9/24 - 10/1
Another major item in there is the 184.108.40.206 update. While we'll have to wait until closer to release for the full patch notes, Bungie did provide a preliminary look at what to expect from it. Many of these changes deal with player feedback and complaints about particularly grind-heavy aspects of the game. For instance, weapon reward rates for Gambit Prime and Reckoning will be "highly increased," with the addition of bad-luck protection that ensures you're guaranteed drops after completing an unspecified number of runs. Reckoning's difficulty is also being adjusted, which is great news for those who have grown frustrated with failed runs that yield no rewards.
Other aspects of the update of note include changes to the pinnacle quests to earn the Mountaintop grenade launcher and Wendigo GL3 grenade launcher. Bungie simply says the corresponding quests "will become more accessible," with specific objectives being "tuned based on player feedback." Wendigo currently requires an intense amount of grenade launcher usage in Strikes, while the same is true for earning Mountaintop in Crucible's Competitive playlist.
And while the Menagerie chest glitch has long since been closed, Bungie says, "As the season comes to a close, Menagerie chests will become more rewarding as Calus sees fit." Again, no specifics are shared, but it sounds as if you might again be able to earn more than one drop per run, though given the wording, it's unclear if this is only a temporary change.
And although it's not mentioned in this blog post, Destiny 2 cross-save is launching at some point in August, according to a tweet from lead producer Jared Berbach. An exact date has not been shared.
Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11 Early Patch Notes
- Moments of Triumph has been extended through 9/17.
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon reward rates will be highly increased.
- They will also have bad-luck protection to guarantee a drop after a set amount of runs.
- Reckoning difficulty will be tuned to be more welcoming as you hunt for rewards.
- BrayTech Schematics will no longer have a daily lockout and will give better chances toward weapons that players do not own.
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more accessible.
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- There will be multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy to look forward to in September.
- Iron Banner will be accompanied by increased Valor in each event.
- As the season comes to a close, Menagerie chests will become more rewarding as Calus sees fit.
- On the week of Destiny 2 Update 18.104.22.168, we'll be hosting a Community Challenge of sorts. Stay tuned for more details.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]